Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trayvon vs Zimmerman


You will never know who the aggressor was, no one will, were you there. Trayvon and Zimmerman are the only ones that can answer that and right now its a one sided story.
My point anyway, I am not siding with Zimmerman or Trayvon, I’m angry that important cases are tried in the court of public opinion and “guilt or innocents” as a result of media coverage are decided. In my neighborhood when an innocent black child is killed by a black person there is limited media and its the same with a white killing a white, limited media… but black on white or white on black becomes national news.
This case is going to turn out to be no more fair then the Robert Blake trial, or the O.J. trial or any other celebrity over-publicized trial. It is just not right!! ALL cases should get equal attention.
I’m ASSuming for the most part, the Martin supporters are black and the Zimmerman supporters are white and that is just not right either, picking a side based purely on race makes you a racist,  you should be judging the facts not the race! If the question is “why did Zimmerman follow Trayvon” it should be answered with “did Trayvon attack in self defense” or “did Zimmerman shoot in self defense” or “why was Trayvon in that community” or “was Trayvon known around the community and Zimmerman was being racist” or “was Trayvon aggressor because he is racist”? Too many questions to be asked and not one acceptable response will come out of it.
I have seen The Martins on TV and believe Trayvon was a good kid, but… I also believe Zimmerman was defending himself, sorry, I need a smoking gun, nothing less then a video as I’m sure different people will remember seeing different endings of the same event. Will America ever catch up with the rest of the world. Gene Roddenberry, Star Trek creator had a dream that was often put in storyline on the TV show, in a quote from one show “Let That Be Your Last Battlefield”:
Chekhov: "There was persecution on Earth once. I remember reading about it in my history class."
Sulu: "Yes, but it happened way back in the twentieth century, there's no such primitive thinking today."


Wake up America we are in the 21st century, we are a century behind a 50 year old dream.
I'm sure I will never see an end to hatred in my lifetime and instead of things getting better they appear to sliding backwards, can life imitate art, ever, or will we just end up being our own demise!

No comments:

Post a Comment